Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Business 101: You NEED a Break!



 I was going to write a long article with all kinds of references about our society...and how it doesn't see relaxation as a needed element in our lives...and the effect that constant stress has on our minds...and blah,blah, blah.

But I think we all know about that.....because we live it.....everyday.

So instead, I'm going to do something VERY simple.

If nobody else has done this for you....including yourself.....I'm going to give you guilt-free permission to take a break......to enjoy some days of nothingness....pure, glorious days of endless nothingness.

If you have worked all year in a school.....you...need...a....break.  And your brain needs a break.  Seriously...it does. Especially if you are trying to create new things for your store.

So if you are feeling this "tug-of-war" inside that is telling you that you really SHOULD be working on your products while at the same time longing just to sit outside and read a book......let your leisure side win for a change. 

You'll definitely see better results when you emerge from "Relaxation World".

Here are some great articles that go into even more detail...but if you want to skip them and take a nap.....go for it!

Why Your Personal Brand Wants You to Take Time Off
http://www.karenleland.com/2012/08/why- … -time-off/

5 Reasons Why You Need to Take a Break
http://blog.intuit.com/employees/5-reas … e-a-break/

Three Ways to Be More Creative: Relax, Exercise and Sleep More
http://www.cio.com/article/142900/Three … omyId=3166

4 comments:

  1. Great advice! I just took a four day Girls Only trip to the beach and it was perfect! I was so inspired that I made a big list of things I wanted to work on. Now, I have the energy to work on them!

    My Kinder-Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds perfect! Glad you were able to find some good "me-time"!

      Rebecca :)

      Delete
  2. You are so right! I've been kicking myself all summer for not getting "more" done, but I can never catch up. I'm slowly starting to learn that's ok. I'm ready enough for school to start back this fall, I've got 90% of my wedding planned (not bad for only being engaged two months! imo), and I've actually had some time to enjoy my summer. So I guess I should consider this all a success and not beat myself up about it. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have been able to find some down time. That's a LOT on your plate!

      Congratulations on your upcoming wedding....and to have almost all of it planned...wow! That's amazing!!!

      Rebecca :)

      Delete

Thoughts, questions? Please share!